This yogurt dessert is only 121 calories per serving. A nice light compliment to a big holiday feast! Serves 4
2 cups plain fat-free yogurt without gelatin (such as Greek yogurt)
2 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
2 medium kiwi fruit, peeled
2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp finely shredded lime zest, divided use
2 TBSP crème de cassis or other fruit liqueur (optional)
- Line a colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth or paper coffee filters and put the colander in a deep bowl (make sure the colander doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl).
- Spoon yogurt into the colander and refrigerate overnight; discard liquid (remaining solid is called yogurt cheese).
- Several hours before serving, in a small bowl, gently stir together raspberries and liqueur. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes; drain well.
- Peel kiwi and cut each into 6 horizontal slices.
- Stir together yogurt cheese, sugar, and 1 tsp of the lime zest.
- To assemble in wine glasses (or other dessert dish), place a few raspberries in each of the 4 wine glasses.
- Press 3 kiwi slices against the inside of each glass.
- Spoon half the yogurt mixture into the glasses.
- Spoon remaining berries over yogurt mixture.
- Top with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining lime zest.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Adapted from: Low-Fat and Luscious Desserts by the American Heart Association