Makes about 24+ truffles (depending on their size).
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (the canned kind)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
10 ounces high quality vegan dark chocolate (70% cocoa) – chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
dash of salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a double boiler, heat coconut oil and coconut milk over a low/medium heat, whisking until just melted and well incorporated.
- Add the chocolate, stirring continuously, not allowing it to heat too quickly.
- As soon as it is melted, remove from heat and stir well.
- Add in the salt and the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Pour into a 8″ baking dish or a pie pan and refrigerate until the mixture is mostly set, but still pliable.
- Using a 1″ melon baller or a tablespoon, scoop out the chocolate and roll into balls using your hands, set them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes or even overnight.
- Place the cocoa power onto a small plate and roll the balls in the cocoa powder to coat.
- Store the finished truffles in the refrigerator (for up to 2 weeks).
Allow to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes, just before serving.
Adapted from Tasty Yummies.